Outstanding Contribution to Student Affairs through Teaching Award
The recipient of the award will be the Region III nominee for the Robert Shaffer Award for Academic Excellence as a Graduate Faculty member.
View all awards by this group
Deadline: Feb. 15, 2019
Please click on Apply Now for further instructions regarding submitting a nomination, as well as to determine the current year's submission deadline.
Questions regarding the awards process can be directed to:Apply Now
Below are the criteria that the Selections and Awards Committee of the NASPA Board of Directors will use to evaluate the nominees. Bolded bullets are required, while non-bolded bullets are preferred.
- Responsibility for teaching graduate or professional school students who generally pursue careers in higher education administration and student affairs
- Consistent and excellent mentorship of graduate students, several of whom have moved into responsible positions in higher education or student affairs
- Solid record of scholarly achievement in appropriate journals and publications
- Active individual NASPA membership (in Region III)
- Significant contributions to professional associations
***Each nomination must include a letter of support from a student.