James E. Scott Outstanding Mid-Level Student Affairs Professional Award
The recipient of this award will be the Region III nominee for the Doris Michiko Ching Award for Excellence as a Student Affairs Professional given at the national conference.
View all awards by this group
Deadline: Feb. 15, 2019
Please click on Apply Now for further instructions regarding submitting a nomination, as well as to determine the current year's submission deadline.
Questions regarding the awards process can be directed to:
Below are the criteria that the Selections and Awards Committee of the NASPA Board of Directors will use to evaluate the nominees. Bolded bullets are required, while non-bolded bullets are preferred:
- Professional responsibility for the direction, oversight, and/or supervision of one or more student affairs functional areas, and/or one or more professional staff members
- Record of innovative programming that has had an impact on the home campus environment in one or more functional areas of student affairs
- Volunteer service to the association via leadership roles at the state, regional, national, or international levels
- Active individual NASPA membership (in Region III)
- Progression from entry-level to senior-level leadership roles within NASPA’s volunteer ranks