Region II Scott Goodnight Award for Outstanding Performance as a Dean
Nomination someone is easy! One person should coordinate the submission and follow these steps.
- STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination
- STEP 2: Collect a minimum two (2) letters, maximum of five (5), letters of support and a copy of the nominee's resume.
- STEP 3: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials then go online to submit. You must upload all of the information at the same time. This person should then submit the nomination letter, letters of support online.
- STEP 4: Submit the nomination by the published deadline!
Each year NASPA recognizes outstanding members by honoring individual professionals with regional awards. To continue with this tradition, please consider nominating one of your Region II colleagues. Each nomination packet should include two (but no more than five) letters of support from colleagues in addition to your formal nomination letter. The packet should also include the nominee's resume.
This award is conferred upon a professional who has served as a Senior Student Affairs Officer for more than 15 years and has made exemplary contributions to the student affairs profession. This award honors NASPA's founding Board Chair (1919-1920). The recipient of this award has demonstrated sustained professional achievement in student affairs work, innovative response in meeting students' varied and emerging needs, effectiveness in developing staff, and leadership in community and college or university affairs. The award recipient must have also earned stature among and support of students, faculty, and fellow adminstrators on campus, and made significant contributions to the field through publications or involvement in professional associations.
Questions? Contact Michelle Van-Ess Grant, Nominations and Awards Co-Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Dean refers to any title that denotes the lead student affairs officer on campus
View all awards by this group
Deadline: Oct. 21, 2019
A nomination can help you to show appreciation for the people that you work with and an award can bring recognition to an individual and an institution! Join us in recognizing the outstanding achievements of both individuals and programs within NASPA Region II.Apply Now
Successful nominations will address the following criteria.
- Serves as home institution's Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Seen as collaborative, effective, and inspirational by a range of campus constituencies
- Strategic and innovative in providing programs and services to students
- High level of competency in developing staff
- Active individual NASPA membership
- Sustained professional service and leadership with NASPA
- Exemplary managerial and administrative skills
- Merited stature among and support of students, faculty, and fellow administrators on the campus served
- Strategic and innovative response in meeting varied and emerging needs of a campus
- Effectiveness in the development of junior staff members
- Significant contributions to the field through publications and involvement in multiple professional associations
- Collaborative, effective and inspirational leadership in college/university setting
2016 | Ann-Marie Klotz
- New York Institute of Technology
2017 | Frank Merckx
- Drew University
2018 | Jeffrey S. Putman
Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs - SUNY Downstate Medical Center