Region II Robert H. Shaffer Award for Academic Excellence as a Graduate Faculty Member
Nomination someone is easy! One person should coordinate the submission and follow these steps.
- STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination
- STEP 2: Collect a minimum two (2) letters, maximum of five (5), letters of support and a copy of the nominee's resume.
- STEP 3: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials then go online to submit. You must upload all of the information at the same time. This person should then submit the nomination letter, letters of support online.
- STEP 4: Submit the nomination by the published deadline!
Each year NASPA recognizes outstanding members by honoring individual professionals with regional awards. To continue with this tradition, please consider nominating one of your Region II colleagues. Each nomination packet should include two (but no more than five) letters of support from colleagues in addition to your formal nomination letter. The packet should also include the nominee's resume.
This award is presented to a faculty member in a college personnel professional preparation program at a college or university within Region II. In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will also be considered for the National NASPA Robert H. Shaffer Award for Academic Excellence as a Graduate Faculty Member.
Questions? Contact Michelle Van-Ess Grant, Nominations and Awards Co-Chair at email@example.com.
View all awards by this group
Deadline: Oct. 21, 2019
A nomination can help you to show appreciation for the people that you work with and an award can bring recognition to an individual and an institution! Join us in recognizing the outstanding achievements of both individuals and programs within NASPA Region II.Apply Now
Successful nominations will address the following criteria.
- Responsibility for teaching graduate or professional school students who generally pursue careers in higher education administration and student affairs
- Consistent and excellent mentorship of graduate students, several of whom have moved into responsible positions in higher education or student affairs
- Solid record of scholarly achievement in appropriate journals and publications
- Active individual NASPA membership
- Be a member within NASPA Region II
- Significant contributions to professional associations
- Served on doctoral committees
- Tenured, full-time, faculty member
2015 | Holly Joy Seirup
Professor, School of Education - Hofstra University
2017 | Dennis Anderson
Distinguished Professor of Education, Leadership Studies - Marshall University
2018 | Kelley Kenney
Full Professor/ Program Director Student Affairs in Higher Education Graduate Program of the College of Education - Kutztown University