Region II Rising Star (New Professional) Award
Nomination someone is easy! One person should coordinate the submission and follow these steps.
- STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination
- STEP 2: Collect a minimum two (2) letters, maximum of five (5), letters of support and a copy of the nominee's resume.
- STEP 3: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials then go online to submit. You must upload all of the information at the same time. This person should then submit the nomination letter, letters of support online.
- STEP 4: Submit the nomination by the published deadline!
Each year NASPA recognizes outstanding members by honoring individual professionals with regional awards. To continue with this tradition, please consider nominating one of your Region II colleagues.
The New Professional Award is presented to new professional who is recognized by their supervisor and/or peers for outstanding service to their institution, as well as for their innovative or creative efforts within student affairs. The recipient should have less than five (5) years of full-time experience as a student affairs professional, show significant leadership promise, and demonstrate active engagement as a NASPA member. Each nomination packet should include two (but no more than five) letters of support from colleagues in addition to your formal nomination letter. The packet should also include the nominee's resume.
Questions? Contact Michelle Van-Ess Grant, Nominations and Awards Co-Chair at email@example.com.
View all awards by this group
Deadline: Oct. 21, 2019
A nomination can help you to show appreciation for the people that you work with and an award can bring recognition to an individual and an institution! Join us in recognizing the outstanding achievements of both individuals and programs within NASPA Region II.Apply Now
These criteria are required for a successful nomination.
- Outstanding service to an institution of higher education
- Exhibits innovative or creative efforts within student affairs
- Shows significant promise for future leadership roles in the student affairs profession
- No more than five (5) years of full-time experience as a student affairs professional
- Holds an active NASPA individual membership
- Current employment at an institution of higher education in NASPA Region II
2016 | Colvin Georges, Jr.
- New York Institute of Technology
2017 | Claire Austin
- New York University
2018 | Qwen Ballard
Residence Hall Assistant Director - New York University