Region II Mid-Level Student Affairs Professional Award
Nomination someone is easy! One person should coordinate the submission and follow these steps.
- STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination
- STEP 2: Collect a minimum two (2) letters, maximum of five (5), letters of support and a copy of the nominee's resume.
- STEP 3: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials then go online to submit. You must upload all of the information at the same time. This person should then submit the nomination letter, letters of support online.
- STEP 4: Submit the nomination by the published deadline!
Each year NASPA recognizes outstanding members by honoring individual professionals with regional awards. To continue with this tradition, please consider nominating one of your Region II colleagues. Each nomination packet should include two (but no more than five) letters of support from colleagues in addition to your formal nomination letter. The packet should also include the nominee's resume.
This award is presented to a student affairs professional at a college or university within Region II with a minimum of 5 years experience and recognizes individuals who demonstrate outstanding commitment to the profession who have also contributed to programs that address the needs of students. Recipients must be experienced in creating campus environments that promote student learning & personal development.
In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will also be considered for the National NASPA Doris Micihko Ching Award for Excellence as a Student Affairs Professional.
Questions? Contact Michelle Van-Ess Grant, Nominations and Awards Co-Chair at email@example.com.
View all awards by this group
Deadline: Oct. 21, 2019
A nomination can help you to show appreciation for the people that you work with and an award can bring recognition to an individual and an institution! Join us in recognizing the outstanding achievements of both individuals and programs within NASPA Region II.Apply Now
Successful nomations will address the following criteria.
- NASPA membership is required for this nominee
- Outstanding commitment to the profession demonstrated by at least 5 years of volunteer service to NASPA
- Professional responsibility for the direction, oversight, and/or supervision of one or more student affairs functional areas, and/or one or more professional staff members
- Experience creating campus environments that promote student learning and personal development
- Must be a current member of NASPA Region II
2016 | David E. Jones
- Rutgers University
2017 | Niki Fjeldal
- Pace University
2018 | Kris Nolan-Parker
Associate Dean for Residential Commons - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute