Region II Fred Turner Award for Outstanding Service to NASPA
Nomination someone is easy! One person should coordinate the submission and follow these steps.
- STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination
- STEP 2: Collect a minimum two (2) letters, maximum of five (5), letters of support and a copy of the nominee's resume.
- STEP 3: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials then go online to submit. You must upload all of the information at the same time. This person should then submit the nomination letter, letters of support online.
- STEP 4: Submit the nomination by the published deadline!
Each year NASPA recognizes outstanding members by honoring individual professionals with regional awards. To continue with this tradition, please consider nominating one of your Region II colleagues. Each nomination packet should include two (but no more than five) letters of support from colleagues in addition to your formal nomination letter. The packet should also include the nominee's resume.
The Fred Turner Award for Outstanding Service to NASPA, named in honor of former Chair of the NASPA Board of Directors (1958- 1959), honors a member who has served in leadership roles at the state, regional, national, and/or international levels of NASPA for a sustained period of time. This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding achievement to the student affairs professional and Region II over an extended period. In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will be considered for the National NASPA Fred Turner Award for Outstanding Service to NASPA.
Questions? Contact Michelle Van-Ess Grant, Nominations and Awards Co-Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View all awards by this group
Deadline: Oct. 21, 2019
A nomination can help you to show appreciation for the people that you work with and an award can bring recognition to an individual and an institution! Join us in recognizing the outstanding achievements of both individuals and programs within NASPA Region II.Apply Now
Successful nomations will address the following criteria.
- A minimum of 10 years experience as a Student Affairs professional
- Continuous NASPA membership for at least 10 years
- Exemplary record of service as a mentor for students and for new professionals
- Leadership and service to NASPA at the state, regional, and/or national level
- Contribution above and beyond the normal service required by positions of leadership
- Service to an institution of higher education within Region II
- Successful implementation of model innovations in the field of student affairs
2016 | Carol Galladian
- Georg Washington University
2017 | Sherry Early
- Marshall University
2018 | Greg Nayor
Vice President for Student Affairs & Strategic Initiatives - Daemen College