Outstanding HBCU/Minority-Serving Institution Professional in Region III Award
This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated leadership and commitment to NASPA, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), minority serving institutions, and/or the profession. Student affairs professionals in all positions are eligible for this award.
The individual nominated must demonstrate the following:
· Demonstrates active involvement with the profession, NASPA, NASAP, and/or HBCUs or minority-serving institution best practices contributing to student success;
· Exhibits care in creating a campus environment that promotes student learning and personal development;
· Demonstrates commitment to the development of innovative student engagement opportunities that increases student involvement and contributes to students’ holistic development;
· Exemplifies the values of advancing diversity, inclusion, and social justice through programming that engages students in experiential learning opportunities with the campus and local community.
· A minimum of five years’ experience in student affairs and at least three working at a HBCU or minority-serving institution at some point during professional career
· Current NASPA member