AVP/Senior Level Student Affairs Professional Award
This award honors a student affairs professional at the AVP or senior-level whose outstanding commitment to the profession includes development of programs that address the needs of students, creation of a campus environment that promotes student learning and development, and support of and active engagement in NASPA.
View all awards by this group
Deadline: Feb. 15, 2019
Please click on Apply Now for further instructions regarding submitting a nomination, as well as to determine the current year's submission deadline.
Questions regarding the awards process can be directed to:Apply Now
Below are the criteria that the Selections and Awards Committee of the NASPA Board of Directors will use to evaluate the nominees. Bolded bullets are required, while non-bolded bullets are preferred.
- Professional responsibility for the direction and oversight of two or more student affairs functional areas, and/or three or more professional staff members
- Record of innovative programming that has had an impact on the home campus environment in more than one functional area of student affairs
- Volunteer service to the association via leadership roles at the state, regional, national, or international levels
- At least ten years of service to the student affairs profession or relevant functional area
- Reports to the deputy or most senior student affairs officer on campus and is not the Vice President of Student Affairs
- Active individual NASPA membership (in Region III)
- Progression from entry-level to senior-level leadership roles within NASPA’s volunteer ranks