Gender and Sexuality KC Service to Student Affairs Award
The Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community provides avenues for both social and professional involvement. We allow for personal and professional growth, increased awareness and acceptance of professionals and students, and promote understanding of professional and student needs.
Our community recognizes individuals, programs, and research that have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of sexual and gender minorities inclusivity and education at the highest and broadest level. The awards aid to exhibit excellence and/or innovations that have added to the profession of Student Affairs and Higher Education and enhance the lives of their communities.
The Gender and Sexuality KC is currently seeking nominations for the 2020 Service to Student Affairs Award.
Individuals selected for their award will be notified in November and are expected to submit a current resume or CV to the Awards & Scholarships Co-Chairs at that time.
Nominations are due
October 15, 2019 October 23, 2019
- Recipient must have published/presented/consulted/used creative approaches/ or organized policy around G&S topics in Student Affairs
- Recipient's contributions must be above and beyond the expected duties of their position
- Recipient is viewed as an excellent Student Affairs administrator by peers by demonstrating the skills, attitudes, knowledge, qualities and values of Student Affairs
- Recipient must be a member of NASPA
- Recipient may not have previously received award
- Short description the individual in 150 words or less (for use in publications)
Associate Dean of Students - University Texas- Permian Basin
View All Current Recipients
2018 | Derek Murakami
Assistant Director for North & South Residential Colleges - University of Southern California
2017 | Matt Johns
Assistant Director for LGBT+ Programs - The University of Texas at Dallas
2016 | Joshua Moon Johnson
Assistant Dean of Students - University of Wisconsin-Madison
2015 | Darryl Holloman
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students - Georgia State University
2014 | R. Bradley Johnson
Clinical Assistant Professor of Higher Education - University of North Carolina at Greensboro