Campus Safety and Violence Prevention Knowledge Community Hero Award
The Campus Safety and Violence Prevention Knowledge Community Hero Award is presented to an individual who has significantly contributed to the work of the Campus Safety and Violence Prevention Knowledge Community. This individual may be an “unsung hero” who contributes tirelessly but not necessarily in a leadership role or may have a leadership position within the Knowledge Community and has made significant contributions in furthering the goals of the Knowledge Community.
The individual nominated must have demonstrated:
a. Active participation in the Campus Safety and Violence Prevention Knowledge Community
b. Leadership performance in the KC- whether by role or by volunteering to be actively engaged
c. Contributions above and beyond the normal service required by positions of leadership.
d. Must be a current NASPA member
Individual / Group Awards Nomination Submission
The nominator must be a NASPA member. The nomination should be submitted electronically via the submission form by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time October 15, 2019. Nomination letters may be accompanied by up to 3 letters of support, also submitted as MS Word attachments. Self-nominations are accepted. Awards will be announced at the NASPA Annual Conference.
The Nomination letter should include:
- Name and contact information of nominator
- Name and contact information of nominee
- Award for which the individual/group is being nominated
- Description of how the nominee meets the standards for the award
- The resume/vita of the nominee or entity description
- Must be a current member in good standing of NASPA.
- Submissions should not exceed 10 pages to include supplemental material.
- Nomination must be accompanied by up to 3 letters of support.
2016 | Christina Wan
Senior Student Development Specialist for Advocacy and Student Success - Georgia State University