Community College Research and Scholarship Award
By the conferral of this award NASPA continues its traditions of both honoring prominent research and scholarship in higher education and student affairs and supporting the community colleges sector. In order to support the goals of a strong research-based practice, this annual award is presented to an individual or team who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing research and scholarship on the topic of student affairs in the community college.
Below are the criteria that will be used to evaluate the nominees. Please note that only one letter of nomination is required and up to three additional letters of support will be considered but not required. Self-nomininations will be accepted.
- Exceptional contributions to student affairs practice in community colleges through sustained research and scholarship
- Issues addressed in research and scholarship must be important and substantial issues related to student affairs practice in community colleges
- Impact of research must have implications for higher education at the national or international level
- One letter of nomination that references the research and/or scholarship of the individual or team (self-nominations are accepted) and up to three additional letters of support
- Resume(s) or vita(e) of the nominee(s)
- Active individual NASPA membership
2019 | Eboni Zamani-Gallaher, Ph.D.
Professor of Higher Education/Community College Leadership and Associate Head of the Department of Education Policy, Organization, and Leadership - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2018 | Elena Sandoval-Lucero, Ph.D.
Vice President, Boulder County Campus - Front Range Community College
2015 | Frank Harris III
Associate Professor -