Hello #NASPA17 attendees, do I have a secret for you! There is one event that you should make sure you add to your schedule while attending NASPA17 this year - the Grad Prep and Communities Fair. Now this isn’t a normal fair with pie eating contests and ferris wheels (although believe me, I’ve been trying to get a ferris wheel for years now). It is an event that provides a chance for exploration and networking within NASPA. So here are my Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Attend the Grad Prep and Communities Fair!
10. It is a great way to wrap up Monday in a relaxed atmosphere.
9. You have the chance to meet someone to grab lunch with on Tuesday.
8. There will be light refreshments and desserts (so a great place to pick up a free dessert after dinner).
7. You have a chance to meet all the different NASPA Knowledge Communities and figure out which ones you might want to join.
6. It is a premiere chance for attendees to gain insightful information and expand their network.
5. ALL THE FREE GIVEAWAYS (many tables have free branded items to take back with you).
4. Those looking at graduate degree programs (both Masters and PhD) have access to college and university representatives all in one location.
3. AGAIN...ALL THE FREE GIVEAWAYS!
2. You will get a chance to bump into NASPA President Kevin Kruger!
And the number 1 reason why you should attend the Grad Prep and Communities Fair in San Antonio this year is that you will get to see me! I’ll be at the Technology Knowledge Community booth the entire time. That means you already have one person you know who is going, so you have no excuse not to go! Convince all your coworkers and friends who are attending NASPA17 to meet you there as well! Tell everyone using the hashtag #NASPA17 and get this into your schedule right now! Hope to see you there!
The Grad Prep and Communities Fair is Monday, March 13 from 7-9pm in the Lone Star Ballroom of the Grand Hyatt. For more details and a list of attendees, visiting the NASPA17 Grad Prep and Communities Fair page.
Jeremiah Baumann, Michigan Technological University - Technology Knowledge Community Board Member